Tell us what you’d like to borrow from the tool library! We welcome your suggestions for items to add to our inventory: contact us here.
Please note: due to space limitations, our focus is on tools for home maintenance, including items that are likely to be needed only occasionally. You can view our inventory here to check if we have the tools you need.
Here are some of the items on our current Wish List:
- Post Augur
- 4-foot level
- Folding Sawhorses
- framing nailer with appropriate air compressor
- cordless impact driver
- belt sander —
NEWS FLASH! When Hans Van Kessel spotted this item on the wish list during the Spring Fair, he offered us the one that’s been gathering dust in his workshop. It’s now in the inventory for you to borrow.
New to the GTL
Recent acquisitions include:
- the Extractavator – the best tool for pulling broom
- electric wood chipper – for small-diameter yard debris
- cordless drill and flashlight set – Ryobi with two batteries
- scroll saw – for delicate work in wood – near new condition
- AND a brand new DeWALT job site table saw – our thanks to the good folks at the Gabriola Lions Club for their grant to allow us to purchase tools!
Do you have tools you would like to donate?
We are grateful for all the donations which have allowed us to operate the tool library for the benefit of everyone in the community — but we really appreciate those tools that are in good working condition, safe for borrowers to use without requiring major repairs.
Please contact us in advance, so that a volunteer can arrange to meet you at the tool library or to pick up your donation. PLEASE don’t leave tools outside the tool library shed at the Commons when it’s closed: they tend to go walkabout unless someone is present to accept them.
And please be aware: we reserve the right to reassign or sell any donated items that prove unsuitable for our needs.